Do you enjoy learning something new?
Hannover Re – as a global reinsurer we assume risks from other insurers and work with them to develop innovative products. Some 3,000 experts worldwide from a range of specialist disciplines devote their know-how and passion for their profession to strengthening and expanding our excellent market position on a daily basis. By taking an assuredly different approach to their work, they make us one of the most profitable reinsurance groups in the world.
If you want to experience how things are done in our Run Off Solutions team at our headquarters in Hannover/Germany, join us on a full-time basis for a period of three to six months commencing immediately as an Intern. There is a possibility of subsequent part-time employment as a Working Student on the basis of up to 19 hours/week during semesters or up to 38 hours/week during semester breaks.
Legal Intern / Working Student
for support in run-off management
In the department Run Off Solutions, which reports directly to the Executive Board, we systematically develop strategies designed, among other things, to lower exposures from reinsurance treaties and reduce loss reserves that are no longer required. For this purpose we negotiate with our worldwide customers and work together with them to identify suitable solutions. Primarily, you assist us during the internship with preparing commutations, implementing reserve reductions, closing treaties and devising tailored, so-called run-off solutions.
Your Tasks – Theory meets Practice
- Assisting your colleagues with the development and handling of commutations of business relationships and reserve reductions
- Dealing with formal procedures, collections and treaty closures
- Involvement in verifying and, as appropriate, defending against claims
- Administrative duties such as treaty identification, maintaining business partner data and document filing
Your Profile – Openness meets Drive
- Degree course in law (at least in your sixth semester)
- Analytically minded team player with very good numerical reasoning and a precise, structured working approach
- Interest in formal procedures such as insolvency proceedings, as well as in the implications associated with the transfer of insurance portfolios
- IT-minded and a willingness to familiarise yourself with various data warehouse applications and analysis systems (including BI, SAP)
- Proficient user skills in German and English (level C1/C2), knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
On a personal level, you can impress us with your structured thinking and work approach as well as your enthusiasm for working within an internationally operating team. We offer you the opportunity to be part of a great team, gain some initial professional experience and possibly even find your dream job of the future.
What We Offer – Assuredly a Different Way of Working
Atmosphere: You will find an international working environment with short decision channels, an open feedback culture and a sense of community shaped by mutual esteem and a readiness to help.
Benefits: We offer you comprehensive support, fair remuneration – including for required internships – and the opportunity to establish valuable contacts.
Perspective: You will gain insights into the work of a successful, internationally operating corporate group. And as you show us what you are capable of, your prospects of a subsequent career entry – possibly even with us – improve.
If you too would like the assurance of a different way of working, simply apply by stating the reference number 50035691.
Find out more about our working world, your entry options and development opportunities by visiting www.hannover-re.com/career.Apply online