Is there a method
to what you do?
Hannover Re – as a global reinsurer we assume risks from other insurers and work with them to develop innovative products. Some 3,000 experts worldwide from a range of specialist disciplines devote their know-how and passion for their profession to strengthening and expanding our excellent market position on a daily basis. By taking an assuredly different approach to their work, they make us one of the most profitable reinsurance groups in the world.
If you want to experience how things are done in the Information Technology team at our headquarters in Hannover/Germany, start planning your professional future with us and join us on a permanent, full-time basis at the earliest possible date as a
IT Graduate in the role of System Engineer
for the further development of automation environments
In the role of System Engineer you take responsibility for the administration and further development of our automation environment using Automic UC4 Job Scheduling/Workload Automation.
Your Tasks – Prospects meet Responsibility
- Operational/technical steering of the execution of processing operations (including global night-time processing)
- Recording, analysis and fulfilment of the requirements placed on the system (service design and build) incl. operational quality control and initiating improvements
- Active lifecycle management for the environment and the process plans made available through it
- Implementing the system programming and maintaining the configuration as well as technical production steering
- Performing operational functions for the scheduling system landscape in the development, test and production environment
- Conceptual design, configuration and documentation of systems, system components, job scheduling and operation manuals
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant security policies, processes and procedures
- Handling incident management for the systems in the scope of responsibility, in particular also supporting the 2nd-level units with troubleshooting
Your Profile – Commitment meets Know-how
- Degree in computer science, information management or comparable qualification
- Initial experience in the field of business process automation, obtained for example through internships or employment as a working student
- Experience in shell programming and knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems as well as associated productivity tools and familiarity with XINFO and workflow modelling tools (e.g. Camunda) are an advantage
- Initial experience with job scheduling / administration of the Automic Automation Engine (UC4) is desirable
- Proficient user skills in German and English (at least level C1)
On a personal level, you can impress us with your analytical and conceptual abilities as well as your sharp perceptive faculties. If you are also willing to work outside normal response times in the context of on-call duty or emergency situations, for example to troubleshoot problems in night-time processing or provide support for our international locations, you have come to exactly the right place!
What We Offer – Assuredly a Different Way of Working
Atmosphere: You will find an international working environment with short decision channels, an open feedback culture and a sense of community shaped by mutual esteem and a readiness to help.
Benefits: Structured onboarding, flexible working hours, benefits superior to those of the collective agreement as well as fitness and wellness programmes are just some of what we can offer you.
Perspective: You will make the most of the available scope to grow and assume responsibility, thereby building the foundation for a successful career. We will support you with an extensive range of further training opportunities.
If you too would like the assurance of a different way of working, start your career with us. Simply apply by stating the reference number 51035444.
Find out more about our working world, your entry options and development opportunities by visiting www.hannover-re.com/career.Apply online